Donations to date: $600
The goal is complete! Yay! Thanks to those who donated today! (12/20/12!)
You can still contribute, but the site is covered once again until April 1st (when the 2013 campaign begins)!
Please consider making a donation to keep Jackass Letters solvent and fun for me. This is a quick and easy way to prove you enjoy the site and would like to reward me for entertaining you. Just click the banner below and send me what the site is worth to you.
Every now and again I think about ending Jackass Letters. Usually it’s when I am suffering a dearth of replies or when I feel I could really go out on a high point. Both these things are going on right now! I’ve been nearly a month without a reply, and I think the mushroom letter would be a great note to end on.
But I am going to continue continuing on. Jackass Letters is a labor of love for me. I enjoy doing it. I always have new ideas and am always trying to make the site a better one. The limitations are generally time and money. You can’t help me out with the first, but you can with the second. Just click the banner above.
If you send me money I will find the time. I like rewarding the people who reward me. If I were doing this project just for myself there would be no need to even have the site. The site is for you. I think it’s fair you bear some expense if you like what you read. If you don’t, then don’t and we can still be friends.
In years past I’d break out the site financials and explain how I can either get myself a shiny new iPad every year or keep the site going, but then people would write and explain how I can do things more cheaply. “If only you bounced your bandwidth off a satellite in Uzbekistan you could save on domain registration and hosting costs, but you’ll have to get a Nigerian passport.” Or, “Postage is cheaper in Russia. You could move.” Or, “A simple WordPress installation would be free or you could use MySpace.” Or, “If you registered your domain through my uncle you’ll get it for $3, but there’s no customer service and you have to pay extra to have web traffic actually resolve to the URL.” Or whatever. I like my setup. I get reasonable value for what I pay. I’m not interested in changing anything, even if it is better (which cheaper does not necessarily equal). In short what I have works and I don’t have the time to change it to something else just because it’s cheaper.
- $1-$4: A PDF of the first two years of the unanswered Jackass Letters. If at any point I update this document you’ll get that as well.
- $5: An mp3 of “Write A Letter (Jackass Letters)” by Josh Millard. (A video is forthcoming!)
- $10: I will write a company of your choice. You provide the address and I’ll go nuts. (You can make suggestions as to content.)
- $20: A hand written thank you note.
- $40: An ad on my site under a new letter. The ad will remain in effect for a year.
- $50: We chat by Skype or iChat or some other internet video technology, and I answer your questions. Clothes stay on!
- $500: We chat by Skype or iChat or some other internet video technology, and I answer your questions. Clothing optional!
I you prefer another payment method other than PayPal let me know or just send me a check:
Christopher L. Jorgensen
P.O. Box 546
Ames, IA 50010
I also dig stamps, vintage pornography, gift cards to places that can be used in Iowa, and cat toys.
Christopher L. Jorgensen
p.s. if you use Ad Block you probably won’t see a banner at the top of this page.